Alloy Steel Fastener Materials
Alloy Steel Fasteners - Diverse Material Selection for High-Performance Solutions
Welcome to the Alloy Steel category of BW Industrial Sales, where specialized materials and high-quality fasteners unite. Our extensive selection of Alloy Steel fasteners combines strength, durability, and resistance to wear and tear, perfectly tailored for various applications.
What is Alloy Steel?
Alloy steel is steel alloyed with various elements, such as chromium, molybdenum, or nickel, in total amounts between 1.0% and 50% by weight. This alloying enhances its mechanical properties. Alloy steel fasteners are known for their superior strength, hardness, wear resistance, and durability compared to carbon steel.
Diverse Material Certifications/Grades
Our Alloy Steel fasteners are available in a variety of certifications and grades. Below is a selection of common alloy steel grades we can source for any fastener you need:
- AISI 4140: High strength, containing chromium, molybdenum, and manganese.
- AISI 4340: Renowned for its toughness and capability with high-stress applications; contains nickel, chromium, and molybdenum.
- AISI 4130: Chromium-molybdenum alloy steel used for aircraft and automotive applications.
- AISI 8620: Low-carbon alloy steel with nickel, chromium, and molybdenum, perfect for case hardening.
- ASTM A193 Grade B7: Ideal for high-pressure or high-temperature applications due to its chromium-molybdenum steel composition.
- ASTM A193 Grade B16: Similar to B7, but with additional vanadium for added strength.
- SAE Grade 5 and Grade 8: Medium carbon steel, quenched and tempered, with high tensile strength.
- Inconel 718: A nickel-chromium alloy ideal for high strength and corrosion resistance.
- Monel K500: Combines corrosion resistance with increased strength and hardness.
- Super Duplex: Offers higher strength and corrosion resistance compared to standard duplex
- ASTM A194 Grade 7: Recommended for use in high-pressure and/or high-temperature applications, with good strength and toughness.
- ASTM A320 Grade L7: Suitable for low-temperature service in pressure vessels and fittings.
- ASTM A354 Grade BC: Quenched and tempered alloy steel bolts, studs, and other externally threaded fasteners.
…and many more. Please contact our team for a full list of materials, finishes, and more.
Focused on Specialized Material Types
Chromium Alloyed Steel
Perfect for high-temperature applications, with increased corrosion resistance compared to other alloy steel materials. It's used in aircraft parts, bearings, and valves.
Chrome Vanadium Steel
Known for its hardenability and resistance to abrasion, oxidation, and corrosion. Commonly used in tools, springs, and gears.
With improved strength, hardness, and corrosion resistance, it's used in aircraft and missile components.
Low alloy steel with high tensile strength and corrosion resistance, suitable for high-temperature/pressure applications. Common in oil and gas pipelines.
Distinctive for its hardness, resistance to abrasion, and stability at high temperatures. Used in cutting tools, drills, and machine dies.
Choose from various head types, sizes, coatings, and threading options to suit your specific requirements.
Industries We Serve
- Aerospace & Defence
- Oil & Gas
- Heavy Machinery