Stainless Steel Fastener Materials
Stainless Steel Specialized Fastener Materials
At BW Industrial Sales, we understand the essence of superior quality and durability in the fastener industry. Recognizing the critical role of materials in determining the functionality and longevity of fasteners, we have a dedicated range of stainless steel fasteners tailored to suit diverse applications.
The Benefits of Stainless Steel
Stainless steel is celebrated for its outstanding attributes:
Exploring Types of Stainless Steel
Our catalog comprises a broad spectrum of stainless steel types, ensuring that every client finds the material that matches their specific requirements:
- Austenitic Stainless Steel
- Renowned for its superb weldability, formability, and mechanical properties. Its high corrosion resistance makes it a favorite for food processing, chemical, and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Ferritic Steel
- An exceptional high-chromium magnetic stainless steel that finds its use extensively in automotive, architectural, and decorative applications due to its good ductility and corrosion resistance.
- Martensitic Stainless Steel
- Notable for its resistance to erosion and high core hardness, this heat-treatable stainless steel variant is perfect for high-strength applications, including cutting tools and blades.
- Precipitation Hardening
- Boasting high tensile strength achieved through advanced heat treatment processes, this stainless steel type is the go-to choice for the aerospace and defense sectors.
- Duplex Steel
- A potent blend of both austenitic and ferritic microstructures, duplex stainless steel is a robust solution for offshore and marine industries.
- Super Duplex Steel
- An enhanced version of duplex stainless steel, its elevated chromium and molybdenum content guarantees augmented corrosion resistance. It's the top pick for the chemical, petrochemical, heat exchanger, and pressure vessel manufacturing sectors.
- High Moly Stainless Steel
- Augmented with increased molybdenum content, this stainless steel variant ensures peerless corrosion resistance, making it an ideal fit for the chemical processing, pulp, and paper sectors.
Specialty Stainless Steel Materials
In addition to the mainstream variants, we house specialized stainless steel materials tailored for unique applications:
- 17-4 PH Stainless Steel: Known for its superior strength and good corrosion resistance, it is widely used in the aerospace sector.
- 316L Grade: Offers enhanced resistance to pitting and is ideal for marine applications due to its higher chromium, nickel, and molybdenum content.
- 904L Grade: Offers excellent resistance against strong acids and is often used in chemical processing industries.
- 304/304L Stainless Steel: One of the most versatile and widely used stainless steel alloys, it offers excellent corrosion resistance and is ideal for food processing equipment, kitchen appliances, and architectural panels.
- 316Ti Stainless Steel: This variant includes titanium for improved corrosion resistance, especially in environments prone to pitting. It is often used in environments with elevated temperatures.
- 321 Stainless Steel: Containing titanium stabilizers, this type resists intergranular corrosion after heat treatment. It's especially useful in aerospace applications like jet engine parts.
- 347 Stainless Steel: Characterized by its stabilized grade with niobium, it’s an excellent choice for applications requiring intermittent heating between 800°F and 1650°F.
- 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel: A duplex stainless steel that displays high strength and excellent corrosion resistance, making it suitable for environments with high chloride levels.
- Alloy 20 (UNS N08020): Designed for use in acidic environments, especially for resisting sulfuric acid, it also offers good resistance to pitting and chloride ion corrosion.
- 254 SMO (UNS S31254): A high molybdenum and nitrogen stainless steel variant offering exceptional resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, used extensively in seawater applications and chemical processing.
- Ferritic 430 Stainless Steel: Known for its decorative appeal due to its bright finish, it’s often used for automotive trim and household appliances.
- L-605 (also known as Alloy 25): A non-magnetic cobalt-based superalloy, it offers exceptional strength, high temperature hardness, and excellent oxidation resistance. It's used in turbine engine components.
- XM-19 (also known as Nitronic 50): An austenitic stainless steel known for its mixture of strength, corrosion resistance, and ease of fabrication. It's resistant to corrosion in seawater and is used in various marine applications.
Connect With Us
In the realm of fastener sourcing, BW Industrial Sales stands as a beacon of quality and reliability. Our vast array of stainless steel materials ensures that our clients get the perfect match for their application-specific needs. With a staunch commitment to quality, durability, and innovation, we aim to revolutionize fastener solutions for contemporary industries. Connect with our team to explore the best stainless steel solutions for your projects.